GEORGE TOWN DISTRICT
The country's colourful capital, George Town - the heart of the Cayman Islands. You'll find the busy port, the business hub, coffee shops, great happy hours and waterfront dining in this District. Think of it as a small city splashed with pastel coloured store-fronts and a Caribbean vibe.
Things to do
- Atlantis Submarine
- Visit Pure Art
- Try an escape room
- Get a helicopter ride
- Go for happy hour
- Walk around and take pictures by the harbour
- Grab lunch at the Greenhouse Cafe
- Go shopping at Diamonds International
- Bring water with you, it can get hot in the town centre
- Check the cruise ship schedule and try and go on a day when it's not too busy but not too quiet, 2-3 ships in port is a good day to go
- Have happy hour at Bar Crudo on a Friday
- Bring your wallet - all the shopping is duty free so you'll probably get roped into buying more than you planned for
Great for happy hours, grabbing a bite to eat, shopping (especially jewellery) and for leisurely walks on the weekends when the cruise ships aren't in. Wander a bit further and you'll come across South Church Street and South Sound. Check out Pure Art for hand-made crafts for the home and stay and watch the sunsets in South Sound. This bright capital is for those who want to take in the harbour views and people watch with not a care in the world.