Serves: 2 Full Pepper Bowls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- ½ can of red kidney beans
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- bay leaves
- ground pepper and salt
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 whole green pepper (or pepper of choice)
- ½ red onion
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
1. Place 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of chicken broth in a pot to heat up for 20 minutes on low-medium. While your quinoa is cooking, start prepping your veggies by washing and draining the red kidney beans.
2. Once your quinoa is ready, heat up a sauce pan on medium heat and add in the garlic cloves.
3. Cut your pepper in half and empty out the insides until it looks like a bowl. Once the saucepan is hot, add in your onions, garlic, paprika, a sprinkle of thyme and bay leaves, and sauté for about a minute.
4. Add in your beans, and stir for another minute. Finally add your quinoa to the pan and stir until it's all mixed together.
3. Scoop your stir fry into the pepper bowl and serve hot.
Optional: Pair dish with a lemon and chili pepper sauce.